6 MONTH PATISSERIE DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
This Programme is exclusively for current full-time students. HTA in conjunction with City & Guilds developed the 6-month Patisserie Programme to be presented in conjunction with the SCA Programme in Professional Cookery and Culinary Art. Students will be required to attend 36 additional part time lessons, during which both the Theoretical and Practical components of the qualification, as outlined below, are covered.
Who can attend?
SCA Students who have successfully completed the 1st year of the Programme in Professional Cookery and Culinary Art with a good academic and financial standing. Only those students with the drive and dedication to take on the extra learning and responsibilities, and possess lots of passion, a willingness to continually learn, share and the satisfaction of working with their hands, head and heart.
How does the programme work?
- Students who meet the criteria wishing to register for this Programme should submit their application forms by the end of their first month into the second year.
- Applications will be processed and the successful applicants will be notified by the end of their second month into the second year.
- The Programme will run during their Third and Fourth Term, when the students will be expected to attend evening and Saturday classes. HTA will inform the Practical Establishments prior to the Fourth Term Practical Placement, of the Patisserie Schedule in order to accommodate the Learners on the Programme.
- Upon successful completion of the programme and examinations, students will receive an internationally recognised Diploma in Patisserie.
The 6-month Patisserie Programme Course Overview:
- Patisserie Principles and Terminology
- Food Safety in the Pastry Kitchen
- Menu Planning and Design
- Costing Overview
- Dough’s, Pastries and Pies
- Classic Cakes, Sponges and Gateaux
- Icings, Custards and Dessert Sauces
- Biscuits, Petit Fours and Delicate Sweets
- Selection of Loaves, Rolls and Artisan Breads
- Hot Winter puddings, Desserts and Soufflès
- Cold Summer Desserts
- Frozen Desserts, Mousses and Set Items
- Jams, Jellies and Preserves
- Advanced Sugar Work
- Advanced Chocolate Work